Citrix Infrastructure Engineer
My client, a Medway based finance company, are looking for a Citrix Engineer to join an expanding infrastructure team. The purpose of the role is to support the company’s infrastructure by performing a technical role, responsible for the care and maintenance of the IT systems. You will be developing, maintaining and managing standards for the IT infrastructure and associated systems in line with industry best practice.
You will be required to plan and implement all hardware and software upgrades, both from a technical & user perspective. You will provide high level IT Support and will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving all hardware and software issues or queries to an advanced level. You will build & maintain servers & other related infrastructure hardware, and will work with the organisation in developing and executing continuous service improvements, by ensuring any appropriate functionality and new technologies are identified and escalated to management. You will need to have an understanding of routine management, monitoring and reporting methodology and will Investigate and recommend changes to the current processes and procedures in order to maximise their effectiveness in conjunction with the IT Operations team. You will create and maintain all infrastructure documentation as required and will provide technical input into new projects and initiatives where appropriate. You will provide input into best practice and standards for operational services, and also proactively introduce new ideas to gain efficiencies in supporting the infrastructure.
My client is looking for a strong engineer with excellent communication skills and a real ‘team work’ ethic. You will have the opportunity to delve into many technical topics and will be rewarded for a proactive and energetic approach.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Experience in an IT infrastructure role
- Good commercial experience with Citrix Xenapp and Xendesktop
- Previous experience of working in a Financial Services environment is desirable
- Experience of working with HP SAN storage and Blade technologies is desirable.
- Netscaler technology knowledge is desirable.
- Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure is essential.
- Working knowledge and experience of configuration of DNS, DHCP and Active directory is desirable
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xenapp and Xendesktop in a virtualised environment is desirable
- Professional IT accreditation (such as CCA or CCAA) is desirable
As a Citrix Infrastructure Engineer working for this client you will receive a basic salary of up to £32,000 and will be eligible for a fantastic bonus and benefits package.
If you are interested in the role, please click ‘APPLY’ and send your CV in for immediate consideration.