Manual & Automation Test Engineer - Agile, .Net, SOPA/REST API’s, ISEB / ISTQB - Maidstone
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Contract Type: permanent: Permanent
Manual & Automation Test Engineer
Agile, .Net, SOPA/REST API’s, ISEB / ISTQB
My client, a rapidly expanding software firm based in Maidstone, Kent, are looking for a Manual & Automation Test Engineer to join the team. This role is for a highly organised and motivated Test Engineer performing manual testing in a fast-paced scrum team, with a view to learning test automation (C# with SpecFlow).You will be responsible for developing and executing test plans against a microservice architected Platform as a Service (PaaS); ensuring that PaaS applications and services meet the company’s quality standards and stakeholder’s requirements.
You will need to understand business requirements and associated testing levels from internal customers such as network operations, product management, and other scrum teams, as well as external customers where required.
Within this role you will be working with the scrum team to review requirements/user stories ensuring that the correct test coverage is achieved. You will also be participating and adding value to all scrum events ensuring that quality is driven throughout, as well as focussing on test preparation, including creating and reviewing test cases/scenarios and the creation of manual and automation scripts.
You will be responsible for test execution, including exploratory, manual and automated tests and will be involved in the writing of test reporting, including bug reports and test execution/summary reports.
You will be maintaining and enhancing existing test artefacts, as well as creating, maintaining, and executing manual test suites, and will create, maintain, and execute system integration, component integration and security test suites. You will be working with other test engineers to identify and develop areas of automation, and will create maintain, and execute API integration test suites as well as isolating software problems and produce clear and detailed bug reports. The company will look for you to embrace new technologies and testing techniques to help improve solution quality, security, and performance, as well as developing expertise in the test environment, including but not limited to databases, networking, and service configurations.
- Testing Web Service SOAP/REST API’s
- .NET windows services
- Testing complex microservice systems
- Software testing techniques (agile environment)
- Creating both manual test plans and reports
- Experience as a test engineer working in either Financial Services or PaaS industries
- Experience in load and performance testing
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of virtualization utilising Microsoft Azure, Virtual Machine Manager, and Docker
- Practical experience Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployments
- Experience working with VSTS Build and Releases with Octopus Deploy
- Degree level education to 2:1 or above in Computer Science or other IT related discipline
- ISEB, ISTQB or iSQI Certified Tester – foundation\foundation agile level or above
- Experience of Security testing and analysis
- Exposure to automation testing of SOAP/REST API’s
As a Test Engineer for this company you will earn a basic salary of up to £35,000 as well as a range of benefits.
If you are interested in the role, please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.