Network Engineer - £60,000
Location: West Malling, Kent
Contract Type: permanent: Permanent
Network Engineer – £60,000
My West Malling based Multi-National Financial Services client are looking for a Network Engineer to join an expanding IT operations team. As part of a broader team, the Network Engineer is responsible for supporting and improving the availability and resilience of the company’s systems.
You will be responsible for proactively managing the Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, and Communications circuits utilised across the group, including all aspects of network performance, scalability, maintenance and security. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that could otherwise cause a financial or reputational business impact. These include but are not limited to: solution design, scoping & implementation, systems resilience, backup & recovery capabilities, growth & capacity planning, systems & data security and risk management, event, incident and problem management as well as preventative maintenance, including patching and upgrades.
You will be required to support incidents and problem investigations and will form part of an on call escalation mechanism to lead remediation activities for critical issues. You will be required to support out of hours change implementations (within reason), that are scheduled and pre-agreed, and will also support the IT Solutions and Project Delivery team with their project & change demands, assisting with solution scoping, architecture, prioritisation and delivery of the assigned tasks.
Required Knowledge & Experience (Keys skills highlighted)
- Recognised IT qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Strong knowledge & experience of Cisco enterprise switching & routing infrastructure
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of fully resilient networking and communications solutions.
- Highly developed knowledge of Layer2\3 network architecture including VLAN’s & DMZ layering principles.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN\WAN networking principles including MPLS, VPLS, VPN, P2P etc
- A good understanding of integration with cloud services –specifically MS Azure and Office 365
- A good understanding of network Intrusion detection\prevention solutions and network access controls.
- Experience of bandwidth management, packet shaping and traffic prioritisation solutions
- Knowledge of Proxy Servers & Load Balancing technology –e.g. F5 / Citrix Netscaler.
- Competent in the configuration and use of monitoring solutions –e.g. PRTG or Solarwinds.
- Experience of enterprise WLAN solutions, for seamless cross site services and guest/corporate user segregation.
- Experience of VPN & 2 factor authentication mechanisms to deliver controlled 3rdparty\remote access.
- Experience of managing both physical and virtual firewall infrastructure & rule base controls.
As a Network Engineer working for this client you will earn a basic salary of between £50,000 – £60,000 and will be entitled to an excellent bonus as well as an extensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this role please click ‘APPLY’ and send in your CV for immediate consideration.