Server Engineer - £60,000
Location: West Malling, Kent
Contract Type: permanent: Permanent
Server Engineer – £60,000
My West Malling based, multi-national financial services client, are looking for a group of server engineers to join an expanding IT operations team. As part of a broader IT team, the Server Engineers are responsible for supporting and improving the availability and resilience of the company’s infrastructure.
You will be expected to proactively manage one or more of; the servers, storage and virtualisation estate utilised, including all aspects of the active directory, virtual desktop & messaging services. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that could otherwise cause a financial or reputational business impact. These include but are not limited to: solution design, scoping & implementation, systems resilience, backup & recovery capabilities, growth & capacity planning, event, incident and problem management as well as preventative maintenance, including patching and upgrades.
You will be required to support incidents and problem investigations and will form part of an on call escalation mechanism to lead remediation activities for critical issues. You will also be required to support out of hours change implementations (within reason), that are scheduled and pre-agreed. You will support the IT Solutions and Project Delivery team with their project & change demands, assisting with solution scoping, architecture, prioritisation and delivery of the assigned tasks.
Required Knowledge & Experience (not necessary to have everything, just as much as possible):
- Recognised IT qualifications e.g. MCITP, MCP, MCSE, VCP
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies such as MS Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- A good understanding of cloud services – specifically MS Azure and Office 365.
- Good knowledge of Virtual infrastructure – specifically VMware
- Desirable -A good understanding of Citrix xenapp/xendesktop
- Competent in using monitoring tools such as PRTG & Solarwinds
- Experience of backup technologies, data protection & recovery such as Commvault
As a Server Engineer working for this client you will earn a basic salary of between £50,000 – £60,000 and will be entitled to an excellent bonus as well as an extensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this role please click ‘APPLY’ and send in your CV for immediate consideration.