Technical Change Manager - West Malling
Location: West Malling, Kent
Contract Type: permanent: Permanent
Technical Change Manager
My client, a West Malling based Financial Services company, are looking for a Technical Change Manager to join an expanding team. As the Technical Change Manager you would be responsible for supporting, improving and protecting the availability and resilience of the company’s IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for controlling the lifecycle of all technical changes and will ensure that beneficial changes are made to the technology estate with minimum disruption to operational services. You would be operating as a gatekeeper for the firm’s technology estate. Protecting operational services from potential disruption while also assisting those who introduce change to implement solutions in a consistent, understood and risk aware manner.
You will be willing and capable of making decisions based on information gathered from multiple parties, weighing the benefit of the change against the potential risk and impact. You may be required to support major incidents with emergency change approvals or to assist with change amendments for out of hours change implementations that are scheduled and pre-agreed. Facilitating the communication of changes, from proposal to delivery will be within the scope and remit of the role, along with the responsibility to continually improve the optimize the change process, both in terms of compliance and efficiency.
As an international organisation, occasional travel both within the UK and across Europe may be required from time to time.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Lead the definition of the Change Management policy and processes, including: determining change categories, lead times, mandatory artefacts, approvers, environments in scope etc.
- Enhanced agility and delivery cadence with be the foremost delivery in a program to optimise the current business process.
- Own and manage the daily operation of the Change Management process, using a risk-based approach to balance change benefit against operational risk.
- Management and authorization of scheduled work, ensuring implementation conflicts are avoided and operating hours are not impacted.
- Drive continuous development of the change management process in line industry standards and best practice, ensuring the approach is suitable for the company. Align with the IT project and development teams, ensuring key projects and major releases are introduced into the live environment with the appropriate level of change control and risk mitigation.
- Support the technical delivery teams – ensuring test plans, run books and other implementation or Service Transition artefacts are prepared according to expectations.
- Define and track Change related service level agreements (SLA’s) related to services provided.
- Create and publicize Change Management reporting metrics – including tracking change process adherence, failed changes, closure within SLA etc.
- Work with the IT Service Delivery Managers and broader technical teams to support the wider Service and Operations strategy
- Manage Suppliers and 3rd Party Support Vendors to ensure SLA’s are met where applicable and changes are executed according to company policy.
- Act as a point of escalation for any service matters relating to Change Management – including support for emergency change demands.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working within an IT Change Manager or equivalent role.
- Experience working with technical documentation (including HLD / LLD, implementation guides and service operation manuals)
- ITIL Accredited – ideally as an IT Service Manager.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies and the iterative nature of release management.
- An understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and the role Change Management plays in the process.
- Demonstrable understanding of Continual Service Improvement.
- Broad knowledge of current technologies and infrastructure.
- Experience of ISO standards and / or SOX compliance would be beneficial.
As a Technical Change Manager working for this company you will be rewarded with a base salary of £40,000 – £45,000 as well as an excellent bonus and benefits package.
If you are interested in the role, click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration