Contract Type: Permanent
Accounts Assistant – £26,000 – Rochester. My client, a rapidly expanding consultancy firm, are looking for an accounts assistant to join there friendly, fast paced finance team. As an accounts assistant for this company you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and managing the Sales Ledger which includes raising between 150 – 200 invoices monthly.
- Credit Control – This is a key part of the role and is heavily dependent on phone calls to ensure we maintain good client relationships.
- Allocating client funds and banking cheques.
- Dealing with a wide variety of client enquiries, working closely with the engineers to resolve them.
- Maintaining and managing the Purchase Ledger – Coding invoices to each team and discipline, obtaining authorisation and processing.
- Putting forward weekly payment runs to Management Accountant, entering payments on sage and sending remittances to suppliers.
- Reconciling Supplier Statements and ensuring all records are kept accurate and correct.
- Processing Expense Claims for 50+ employees ensuring all claims are in line with company handbook and authorised.
- Manage Company Credit Cards – Gather receipts, process monthly statements and reconcile.
- Maintain monthly balance sheet recs for Prepayments, Accruals and Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist with ad hoc finance/accounts projects and duties
To be a success in this role you will need to have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment. You will have excellent analytical and numerical abilities and sound business knowledge. You will prize accuracy and have an eye for detail, will have general I.T skills and solution modelling experience as well as excellent excel spreadsheet skills.
As an Accounts Assistant with this company you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £26,000 depending on experience and will be entitled to a range of benefits.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘APPLY’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.