Location: Rochester, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
Finance Manager – £50,000 – Rochester, Kent. My client, a multi-national manufacturing group based in Rochester, Kent, are looking for a Finance Manager to join and perform a key role in finance but also the surrounding business. As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations including monthly and year end closings, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, making improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects when they arise. Being a manufacturing organisation, emphasis is laid on calculation of cost of goods sold (COGS) for finalisation of accounts which derives production losses, utilities variances, stock controls and host of factory related cost analysis.
You will have strong Excel skills, experience with Cost Accounting and will ideally have a background in working for manufacturing type organisations.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Get involved in the workings for COGS
- Head statutory Audit process
- Month end – preparation of Financial statements (Trial balance and P&L focus)
- Guiding assistant management accountant in preparation, analysis of monthly management information
- Guiding & supervising working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Pro-actively participate in planning sessions, forecasts and annual Budget exercise.
- Manage staff (4) on a day-to-day basis, including performance reviews.
- To act as a general supporting resource to the line manager in ensuring that the accounting and financial control measures adopted by the company are of an acceptably high standard.
- Other ad-hoc projects relating to efficiency and productivity improvements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Fully qualified Accountant with either ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification with 3-4 years relevant experience.
- 1st Class Graduate level would be an advantage
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and good experience in financial modelling
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, previous experience in a manufacturing sector advantageous
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines (SLA), A good cross functional communicator & multi-tasked
- Strong presentation skills
- A high level of proficiency in Excel and exposure to ERP system will be an advantage (SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle etc
As a Finance Manager working for this company you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £50,000 and will be intitled to all company benefits.
If you are interested in this role please click ‘apply’ and send in your CV for immediate consideration.