Lead Android Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £70,000 DOE
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
Lead Android Developer
My client are specialist software development company specialising in the electronic payment industry who are looking to add an experience professional to their growing team.
My client are currently building a new agile team of mobile software engineers, the role holder is responsible for the development of mobile payments applications in accordance with the company’s development schedule, ensuring that the agreed project milestones and delivery dates are accomplished. The lead developer will be instrumental in the developing the Group’s client payment aspirations into a working solution, through design, and implementation of software applications operating on various hardware and operating platforms. The role holder will provide a clear and structured interface between the team and Head of Development.
- Degree level education to 2:1 or above in Computer Science or other IT related discipline
- Minimum 5+ Years’ experience developing native applications for Android in Java and/or Kotlin
- A test-first development mentality using TDD and knowledge of unit, UI testing, and testing pyramids
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Demonstrable understanding of S.O.L.I.D. principles and Object-Oriented patterns.
- Knowledge of Clean Architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVP etc.
- Able to provide examples of clean, self-documenting, readable code.
- Version Control using GIT.
- Experience of Agile software delivery methods and a strong understanding of agile principles and mindset
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills, good verbal and written communication
- Team or technical leadership experience
- Interest in keeping up to date with current industry trends and changes with the ability to evaluate and propose new ideas and solutions
- Experience of working with applications that support multiple versions of Android
- Experience of automated testing with Android applications
- Working knowledge in the payment card industry or experience working in Banking/financial sector
- Knowledge of interfacing through SOAP/REST/JSON/XML protocols;
- Knowledge of interfacing through APACS/ISO8583 financial protocols;
- Good experience of working with embedded payment terminals;
- iOS Development experience
If the above sounds like it would be of interest, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.