Principal Network Engineer
Location: New Malden
Contract Type: Permanent
Principal Network Engineer – £50-58,000. New Malden, Surrey
My client are an established and well-respected aerospace engineering company who are looking for an experience Network Engineer to join the New Malden team on a permanent basis. You will be a part of team of professionals who will have a similar skill set and background to yourself, this will allow you to interact with likeminded individuals on a daily basis.
In applying for this role, you will have experience and knowledge of Network design and development and will be given the opportunity to work on one of the most modern engineering projects in the UK as this is based on a new Frigate for the Royal Navy.
Key Requirements: –
- Responsible for various stages of Network Development which can include design, analysis, configuration, testing/fixing issues
- Ensuring communications function across the network architecture and that the performance of the network meets requirements
- Providing direction, information and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations
- Investigating operational issues or developments and create solutions, either individually or as a member of a project team
- Ensuring your technical knowledge is always kept up to date to be able to provide effective services and giving technical support when required
The following experience is required for the role: –
- Understanding of how-to setup Juniper and Dell switches and Fortinet firewalls
- Configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of LAN and/or WAN technologies
- Understanding of switched architecture and how it works (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN etc)
- Current relevant qualification such as JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA
- Experience working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics
- Network Management & monitoring Systems such as Solarwinds
As a Principal Network Engineer working with this company, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £50-58,000 DOE + a great benefits package including flexible working.
If you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button and submit your most recent CV for immediate consideration.