Senior Operations and Process Training Consultant
Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract Type: Contract
My client based in Chatham, Kent is looking to recruit a ‘Senior Operations and Process Training Consultant’. They focus on specialist mortgage lending to consumers, entrepreneurs and SMEs in subsectors of the UK market.
Salary banding: £32-38k
Fixed term maternity cover contract – 12 months.
The key purpose of this role is to support with the development, implementation and maintenance of process and system training material/modules and plans that are required to support the Group Operational teams in the UK and India.
Delivered by way of; the design and delivery of a range of learning activities, stakeholder management, learning contracting, coaching and follow up support on any related learning activities to individuals as identified by the Group Head of People Development.
The activities contribute directly to:
- Achievement of business objectives
- People Developments defined KPI’s and SLA’s to meet business need
- Fostering and embedding a culture of excellence
- Supporting Group Vision and Values
- Engagement and retention of employees
- Retention of robust Training Records
The key deliverables relate to ensuring new and existing staff receive the relevant technical, system, product and process related training to meet operational processing standards and regulatory governance. The Banks Operations Unit includes Underwriting, Collections, front and back office Call Centres and processing teams across the Savings (customer and commercial) and Mortgage product lines (1st and 2nd charge lending – residential, specialist and commercial lending). Additionally the role holder will assist training and embedding of key business processes and methodologies that underpin the companies change agenda and Standard Operating Model.
The role holder will be expected to provide support by ensuring a robust operating model is in place and aligned to operational training strategies and plans to meet agreed KPIs and regulatory governance for the functions located in the UK and India and will work closely with Group operations functional teams, change / project teams as well as other relevant departments in the UK and India (locations include Chatham, Bushey, London, Fareham, Bangalore).
Travel to Group sites will be required.
- 2 years’ experience in the design and delivery of effective solutions relating to technical, system, product and process related training within a regulated financial services environment is essential.
- 12 month previous experience in working with remote / offshore teams is essential.
- 12 months previous experience undertaking training or coaching role directly relating to both Mortgage and Savings products is essential.
- 12 months previous experience working within a Project Management framework, ideally as a work stream leader is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills are essential.
- 2 years operational experience of Training Needs analysis, design, delivery and reporting within a Financial Services essential.
- Robust knowledge of Mortgage and Savings operational processes is desirable.
- Understanding of core change and process methodologies is desirable, including; Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Lean, ITIL and Prince 2 (to foundation level or equivalent) is desirable.
- Robust knowledge of FCA governance in banking desirable.
If you have similar experience and are interested please apply immediately and I will be in contact.