Associate, Compliance and Oversight
Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
To support the Compliance & Oversight Manager, Market Services, in delivering an effective, high quality and efficient service that conforms to Compliance and Financial Crime arrangements and relevant regulatory framework in respect of Membership and associated activities.
What Will You Do?
- Responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of PEP Register ensuring it is up to date at all times and flagging within systems reflects the PEP status.
- Undertake daily sanctions screening and monitoring, ensuring all potential results are properly investigated and recorded, in line with procedures.
- Provide support to both the Compliance and Oversight Manager (COM) and Financial Crime Manager (FCM) with monthly, quarterly, annual reporting and MI.
- Assist with the review of PEP matches, material negative press issues, potential reputational risks, suspicious and unusual cases for escalation to Financial Crime Team.
- Provide support to the COM and FCM in the escalation, to Financial Crime Team, of suspicious activity and transaction monitoring issues arising from Market Services activities during the monitoring and review of members and third parties.
- Provide assistance and support to the COM and FCM in the monthly quality assurance testing and reporting.
- Assist in the review and updating of policies and procedures and the implementation of any new or amendments to policies, arising from changes to regulatory requirements/guidance.
- Assist in the preparation and provision of on-going Compliance and Financial Crime training for Market Services.
- Assistance with other ad-hoc Compliance and Financial Crime related activities. Ensure compliance with Trustee obligations, Compliance, Financial Crime and anti-money laundering legislation.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to react to continual changes in market conditions and policies
- Ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Influencing & negotiating skills
- Ability to support a culture of continuous process improvement
- Ability to use IT to analyse complex data
- Ability to focus on the detail
- Review & evaluation skills
- Ability to interpret legal and regulatory advice & take appropriate practical actions
- Knowledge of relevant UK and International legal & regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of client onboarding requirements and the associated risks
- Understanding of the risks and issues that impact on the ability of CO Team to meet its objectives
- Understanding of best practice principles
- Experience of working in Compliance, Financial Crime and AML
- Experience of working as part of a multi-process Team with varying fixed deadlines
- Understanding of financial and operational risk
- Experience of working within the rules and regulations of Compliance, Financial Crime, Anti Money Laundering
- Experience of client on-boarding requirements