Location: Rochester, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
IT Manager – £60,000 – Rochester
IT Manager – £60,000 – Rochester. My client, a financial services company based in Rochester, have a great opportunity for an IT Manager to join a growing team. As the IT Manager you will need to be based in the Medway area to be involved with the designing, co-ordinating, scheduling and programming all aspects of IT software development, along with managing an IT support department and outside contractors. Due to the nature of the industry in which my client operates, you will need to be confident working to rigorous procedures within a highly-regulated environment. This position requires interface and testing of new design elements which are manufactured in-house, to be tested in association with the rest of the equipment to ensure the functionality and accuracy is achieved with the adaptation of a new design.
Along with ongoing design changes, the position requires interfacing with the design team concerning mechanical implementation, software verification, testing, loading of new software and deployment into the live field. A major part of the position is co-ordinating with project management staff and liaising closely with outside contractors.
A sound knowledge of software architecture, development, coding and IT networks is paramount in this position.
As the IT Manager you will be involved in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), co-ordinate between design and outsourced development of outside contractors, quality assurance systems, version control, penetration testing and sign off of code releases.
- Maintain information technology strategies
- Manage staff (IT support and IT development)
- Research and implemention of technological strategies and architectural solutions
- Amalgamation of IT staff results and performance
- Plan, monitor, and appraise project results
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain staff by recruiting via the HR Department, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment and evaluate risk
- Develop personal growth opportunities and training opportunities for staff
- Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Direct technological research by studying organisational goals, strategies, practices, and user projects of present-day practices
- Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and maintaining and supporting a data centre
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Recommend IT strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organisation outcomes
Specific Duties include:
- Becoming familiar with “Fresh Desk” ticketing
- Integrating with business requirements and adaptations to our Data Warehouse
- Maintaining database services at our Data Centre
- Involvement with documentation of loss prevention and risk analysis
- Liaising with all departments with regard to new product developments
- Liaising with hardware and CAD design when implementing new innovative applications
- Coordinating resources in both IT development and IT support departments
As an IT manager with this company you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £60,000 along with a range of company benefits.
If you are interested in the role, please click ‘apply’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.