IT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Location: Dartford, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
IT Operations Manager – Dartford – £50,000
IT Operations Manager – Dartford – £50,000. My client, a leading nationwide manufacturing company based in Dartford, Kent are creating an exciting new role of IT Operations Manager to work alongside the IT Manager to assist with the day-to-day management of in-house operations. In this role, you will need to be an experienced IT professional with a wide range of skills and an aptitude for learning about in-house systems. You must show the necessary leadership skills to ensure that the team performs to its optimum and enables them to offer an excellent service to key stakeholders. The IT team are set up as a community of individuals with different points of view, who enjoy opportunities to share skills and ideas. The ability to work with other members of the team to foster an environment of collaboration and teamwork is essential.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the IT support and infrastructure teams, including performance management and appraisals
- Responsibility for the design, implementation and maintenance of the company’s IT security policies to ensure regulatory compliance and system security
- Establish and maintain regular maintenance processes and procedures, to ensure that systems work optimally
- Continuous evaluation of processes, procedures and technologies with recommendations for improvement
- Develop and improve project delivery, productivity, knowledge sharing, change management and efficiency within the team
- Monitor and manage overall system performance and liaise with other member of the team to implement required changes
- Assist the development team with testing, documentation and deployment support
- Liaise with key stakeholders (branches, users, subsidiary companies) to monitor and improve the IT department’s efficiency and reputation. This will include the introduction of SLAs and monitored resolution times.
- Work with the projects team and all directorates to analyse, design and deliver key business objectives. In this role you will assume the technical lead in the solutions design phase.
- Establish and maintain regular communication forums with key stakeholders and ensure that best practice solutions are implemented and shared
- Assist the IT Manager with the department’s resource and budget planning, including checking and authorisation of supplier invoices and ensuring that all work is invoiced appropriately.
- Leadership and management qualifications
- Continuous improvement
- Stakeholder engagement
- SQL administration (DBA)
- Microsoft accredited (MCSE/MCSA)
- DHCP, DNS, Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
- Network configuration and administration
- Veeam & VMware replication and backup
As the IT Operations Manager for this company you will receive a basic salary of up to £50,000 and will be entitled to a range of company benefits including company pension and training & development budget.
If you are interested in the role, please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.