Senior Account Executive- Public Relations
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Contract Type: Permanent
Position; Senior Account Executive
Location; Tunbridge Wells
Salary; £20,000- £25,000 DOE
Hours; 9-5.30pm Mon to Fri (flexible working – for example you could work 8 to 4.30 or 10 to 6.30)
You are ultimately responsible for implementing the strategies and activities as detailed by your account managers/directors, as well as proactively looking for opportunities or devising ideas to contribute to the team effort. However, you should also be fairly self-sufficient, capable of running smaller accounts virtually on your own, with minimal guidance from seniors.
Client Delivery and Strategy
- Identifying feature opportunities, understanding the business issues or product requirements to sell in features and draft feature length copy as required
- Writing monthly activity reports, quarterly/annual client reviews and basic new business proposals, at least to first draft stage for the latter two activities
- Taking a brief from a client and writing coherent and factually accurate press releases and copy that requires minimal amends from seniors and clients
- Raising the standard of account management to ensure that all communication with clients of the highest quality
- Ensuring press coverage is delivered to clients in a timely fashion
- Taking ownership of meeting preparations, ensuring that all agendas, meeting notes, monthly reports etc. are produced, and liaising with manager/director on requirements for meeting
- Participating actively in meetings. For smaller clients all preparation should be driven by you. For larger pieces of business, you should play an active role in preparing for the meeting and in presenting elements
- Participating in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
Planning and Execution
- Developing a full understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – the opportunities available, building relationships with journalists etc.
- Running the features programmes for all clients, identify opportunities; liaise with clients on suitable approaches and drafting of copy, as well as selling items in to media.
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients, controlling this area of all accounts, reacting to media enquiries and proactively looking for opportunities, working alongside managers/junior executives.
- Being completely coherent and competent in all areas of media promotional activity.
- Being proactive in all media areas for clients, constantly looking for opportunities where additional media coverage could be achieved above and beyond the client’s brief.
- Making verbal approaches confidently to all journalists – consumer, business-to-business and trade – to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities
- Assisting in the organisation of events; ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients
- Producing internal copy for newsletters, internal briefings and notice boards.
- Creating accurately written communications such as letters, emails, memos etc., both internally and externally to colleagues, clients, and journalists
- Undertaking media and administration desk research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required
- Handling and overseeing all administration for accounts including filing, press cuttings etc. to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Reviewing and proofing all written material
- Assist with content creation for social media channels.
- At least one year’s proven PR experience
- Proven client handling and relationship building skills
- Ability to influence through effective communication
- Good writing and proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proven experience researching case studies, writing, and running social media campaigns
If you are looking for a new rewarding career and you have similar experience please apply immediately and I will be in contact.