Senior Commercial Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
My client based in Rochester, Kent is looking to recruit a ‘Senior Commercial Officer’. They are an international defense, aerospace and security company which deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
This is a full time position and the salary is £28,000- £35,000 depending on experience.
This role will provide you with the opportunity development your career across the organisation, which includes the opportunity to attain professional accreditation, rotate into other business roles (e.g. Finance, Procurement and Project Management) and move up through the professional and executive grades
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Taking a leading role on proposals
- Negotiating with customers and managing complex contracts in line with established policies and requirements
- Interpreting and communicating customer requirements
- Identifying and mitigating risk and assessing opportunities
- Supporting the business to manage change and deliver upon its financial commitments
Your skills and qualifications:
- Business acumen in order to identify and mitigate risks and assess opportunities
- Able to interpret and communicate customer requirements
- Experience of scope and change management within a contract
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in complex and dynamic situations
- Adaptability to negotiate both as an individual and as part of a wider team
- Educated to degree level OR equivalent in business related subject OR equivalent on the job experience
- Awareness of the aspects of the Law that affect the activities of the business
- Familiar with typical internal governance requirements
- Understand a variety of contract/agreement types such as Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Worked within the Aerospace or comparable industry (e.g. Defence, Space, Rail, Energy, IT)
If you have similar experience please apply immediately and I will be in contact.