SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
Service Desk Technician
Service Desk Technician – £22,000 – Chatham. My client a rapidly growing financial services company based in Chatham, are looking for a Service Desk Technician to join an expanding team.
This role will involve the delivery of a first class support service to customers and remote service engineers providing direct technical support to external areas of the company. You will act primarily in a first line support capacity, resolving issues in person, over the phone or via remote connectivity while utilising the company’s ticketing system to resolve customer issues and rectify queries within standard company SLA’s. You will directly liaise with a field-based support team assisting with preventative maintenance and repair of company products and will manage your time efficiently to prioritise or escalate technical issues ensuring a prompt closure.
Participation in an out of hours support rota (including early mornings, late nights some weekends)
This role will involve:
- Logging of all support calls in the Helpdesk system CRM
- Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant support team member
- Device checking and preventative maintenance
- Daily reporting and log analysis
- Weekly reporting of key support issues and trends identified in Helpdesk system
- Daily monitoring of Customer support call logging system
- Ownership of Customer support issues
- Installation, configuration and deployment of new and existing software in line with defined procedures
- Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence
Requirements for the role:
- Proven experience in a similar IT support role with end user facing responsibilities, ideally within a regulated environment
- Previous 1st line support experience or equivalent
- Previous experience of a call logging systems and remote support tools
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Office Applications) and operating systems (Windows OS, specifically Windows 10)
- A good understanding of PC and peripheral hardware
- A good understanding of routing & networking (Basic DHCP DNS TCP/IP)
- Customer orientated and capable to respond to different types of characters
- Highly motivated, organised, proactive, capable to work autonomously as well as part of a team
As a Service Desk Technician with this company you will earn a salary of between £20,000 – £22,000 depending on experience.
If you are interested in this role then please click ‘Apply’ and send in your CV for immediate consideration.