Technical Officer, KYC Onboarding and Review Team
Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract Type: Permanent
My client based in Chatham is looking for a ‘Technical Officer’to join their KYC Onboarding and Review Team.
Your main responsibility will be to support the Manager, Know Your Client (KYC) Onboarding and Review, in delivering an effective, high quality and efficient service.
This is a full time permanent position, salary £28K-£34K DOE.
- Responsible for activities relating to corporate membership including (but not limited to) on-boarding of new, high risk members and third parties, change in controller and converting members. Make recommendations for rejection/approval as appropriate with evidence of decisions
- To undertake high risk Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) investigations in to and analysis of multi-jurisdictional Members and entities, involving a variety of complex corporate structures, such as Trusts, Partnerships and Financial Institutions. Make recommendations to proactively manage those risks.
- Monitoring business relationships with internal intelligence tools and systems
- Provide support to the Manager with the monitoring and reporting of members and third parties to Market Services Financial Crime Manager and escalate suspicious activity from overnight screening and transaction monitoring concerning Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and sanctioned entities.
- Reviewing PEP matches, material negative press issues, potential reputational risks, suspicious and unusual cases appropriately for escalation to Financial Crime Management
- Ensure compliance with Trustee obligations, financial crime and anti-money laundering legislation
- Ensure that effective controls and procedures are present and maintained, thereby mitigating risks to within acceptable risk appetite levels
- Provide on-going AML/EDD training and support to colleagues and stakeholders as and when required
- Experience of working in EDD / AML
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of working as part of a multi-process Team with varying fixed deadlines
- Experience and understanding of financial and operational risk
- Experience of working within the rules and regulations of Financial Crime, Anti-Money Laundering and CASS
- Experience of client on-boarding requirements
If you have similar experience please apply immediately and I will be in contact.