Location: Chatham, Kent
Contract Type: Contract
UAT Tester – £35,000 – FTC 8 Months – Remote / Chatham – My client, a large, Kent based financial services company are looking for a UAT Tester to be part of a team located in the UK and India who are responsible for testing process improvements, system fixes, upgrades and system migrations for the core business systems.
You will be contributing to and maintaining the setup of the new automation testing framework in alignment with the overall automation testing strategy. You will review and enhance the existing automation framework and provide analysis on the system and business requirements, functional, design and system specifications while making recommendations to project-specific automation. You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Test data, Configuration files, Test logs, Object Repositories, Suite driver for batch execution, Test results and Test Reports, and will comply with the approved strategies and approaches for each project and test phase in line with the operational framework/policies. You will prepare and maintain reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts and will contribute towards developing automation scripts and executing both individually and also as a batch. You will create/maintain Test results dashboard and circulate to the Line Manager following every batch execution and will provide automation solutions to complex testing, specifically to support the new releases across different system as an ongoing process. You will review and automate the regression test packs across all systems wherever possible and schedule regular periodic run of regression suites. You will be supporting all Manual Testing related tasks as and when required, as assigned by the Line manager. You will recommend any new automation or testing tools and support existing tools based on the requirement of the applications and projects while ensuring all test scenarios, test cases and test scripts are peer reviewed and undergo a quality review for completeness and accuracy. They will need to be signed off by designated SME’s within the appropriate business areas.
You will be creating and maintaining a test traceability matrix for all projects to track business and functional requirements back to the test scripts, while ensuring project deliverables are met and delivered on time for each project and test phase. You will need to escalate any slippage to the Test Manager and Senior Test Manager where appropriate. You will ensure all test results are accurately recorded with the required documentation during all phases of test execution and will produce and maintain a template library of all test artefacts required during the testing phase.
- Thorough knowledge of the software development cycle and the defect resolution process
- Excellent knowledge of the SDLC and a strong determination towards automation first to deliver quality user friendly systems to support the business needs in line with the teams overall strategies and timelines
- Thorough knowledge of System Testing and User Acceptance frameworks
- Thorough understanding of structured test methods and processes covering manual and automated testing
- Basic level knowledge of Script less Automation tools/Framework, API Automation, Integration with CI/CD and Continuous Testing
- Basic level of knowledge in coding, build, deployment and release tools like Git hub, Jenkins, Maven etc.
- ISTQB / ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or demonstration of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience)
- Previous experience in an Automation Analyst role
- Experience with UFT / QTP
- Experience with QC
- Experience of testing core systems within the Financial Services industry is essential
THIS ROLE IS AN 8 MONTH LONG FIXED TERM CONTRACT POSITION.
As a UAT Tester with this company you will earn a basic salary of up to £35,000 (Pro rata for 8 months) as well as an excellent package of benefits.
If you are interested in this role please click ‘APPLY’ and send your CV in for immediate consideration.
Successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.